Ms. Trish of Scent Hive has been so kind as to include me in her Your Blog is F@*%^&# Fabulous! Award list -- so now it is my turn to pick five excessively diverting sites for awards, likewise:I Smell Therefore I Am -Brian and Abigail display a highly detailed sensuality as they depict their constant search for the next perfume kick;
Bittergrace - Graceful indeed, and piquant nature and art and olfactory lore;
Legerdenez - The yin and yang of sophisticated/down to earth perfumania/crossed with art smarts;
Asking Leah - A perfumista who makes connections and meaning and goes about her world cross referencing all that she surveys, especially anything to do with Manhattan;
Jade Dressler - Art and fashion with a sense of humor and connection to the modern and the past.
My Five Addictions (other than perfume):
1. Makeup -- I haunt the store aisles of both the high and low ends, because I love the colors and textures.
2. The New York Times online and Salon every morning -- I can't go out the door without visiting them both while having breakfast.
3. Story-telling podcasts such as The Moth, This American Life, WNYC Radio Lab (yes, you can tell I'm a media addict in general).
4. Quality dog time -- my own Dante is a highlight for me but also all the other wonderful dogs I get to see everyday living so close to a big city park.
5. Grapes -- I eat them almost every day and have for at least the past three years, that I recall, and enjoy them immensely every single time...
Here are the rules for those of you who just got this Your Blog is F@*%^&# Fabulous! Award:
1. You pass it (the award) on to 5 other fabulous blogs in a post.
2. You list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post.
3. You copy and paste the rules and the instructions below in the post. (Below)
Instructions: On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them. When you post your five winners, make sure you link them as well. Also, don’t forget to let your winners know they won an award from you by emailing them or leaving a comment on their blog.
Above photos: Shu Uemura false eyelashes from his fantasy collection; and Dante, photo by me, First Prize cockade buttons from Claudine de Montingny.