May 12, 2009

Your Blog is F@*%^&# Fabulous! Award

Ms. Trish of Scent Hive has been so kind as to include me in her Your Blog is F@*%^&# Fabulous! Award list -- so now it is my turn to pick five excessively diverting sites for awards, likewise:I Smell Therefore I Am -Brian and Abigail display a highly detailed sensuality as they depict their constant search for the next perfume kick;
Bittergrace - Graceful indeed, and piquant nature and art and olfactory lore;
Legerdenez - The yin and yang of sophisticated/down to earth perfumania/crossed with art smarts;
Asking Leah - A perfumista who makes connections and meaning and goes about her world
cross referencing all that she surveys, especially anything to do with Manhattan;
 Jade Dressler - Art and fashion with a sense of humor and connection to the modern and the past.

My Five Addictions (other than per
fume):

1. Makeup -- I haunt the store aisles of both the high and low ends, because I love the colors and textures.

2. The New York Times online and Salon every morning -- I can't go out the door without visiting them both while having breakfast.

3. Story-telling podcasts such as The Moth, This American Life, WNYC Radio Lab (yes, you can tell I'm a media addict in general).

4. Quality dog time -
- my own Dante is a highlight for me but also all the other wonderful dogs I get to see everyday living so close to a big city park.


5. Grapes -- I eat them almost every day and have for at least the past three years, that I recall, and enjoy them immensely every single time...
Here are the rules for those of you who just got this Your Blog is F@*%^&# Fabulous! Award:

1. You pass it (the award) on to 5 other fabulous blogs in a post.
2. You list 5 of your fabulous addictions in the post.
3. You copy and paste the rules and the instructions below in the post. (Below)
Instructions: On your post of receiving this award, make sure you include the person that gave you the award and link it back to them. When you post your five winners, make sure you link them as well. Also, don’t forget to let your winners know they won an award from you by emailing them or leaving a comment on their blog.

Above photos: Shu Uemura false eyelashes from his fantasy collection; and Dante, photo by me,  First Prize cockade buttons from Claudine de Montingny.

11 comments:

trish said...

I love that you eat grapes daily. I was thinking that would be a great name for a blog, "My Daily Grapes"...LOL

Cheers!
Trish

Lucy said...

Trish,

I am the greengrocers familiar face. If I ever go in there and don't get them, they remind me...

JADE DRESSLER said...

Lucy! What a sweet surprise! I am so happy to know that you enjoy our blog (www.jadedressler.wordpress.com) and are telling others. The whole pleasure of a blog is to share it and the whole pleasure of an earth is to share the beauty of it. Honored to do both with one such as you! XOXO Jade

I have you tagged and will pass on the blog love!

Lucy said...

Jade, and all:

I just realized today is my two year blog anniversary! Yay for me, and of course I immediately bought myself a present, impulse shopping a Roxanna Illuminated perfume sample set. Can't wait til it gets here.

chayaruchama said...

My BOY !
Sigh.

I have no blog to play; but you me know me well enough to know which MY addictions are, LOL.

Love who nominated you, and those you chose.
And you.

Lucy said...

Yes I/C, that is one good BOY, who is relentlessly in the am lately, looking for kisses!
He was so happy in the park in the sun today -- we missed you -- you would have loved all the dogs cavorting around.
Dalink, I wish you did have a blog.

trish said...

Lucy,

Of course you will have to blog about your Roxana thoughts! Curious to know what you got and which ones you have an affinity to.

Have a great weekend,
T

Lucy said...

T, yes, I will most definitely post about the Roxanas...it will be fun to have a little of that California spirit for the better weather to come around here...

L

Roxana said...

Hi Lucy...
How lovely to be refreshed by your wonder filled blog once more. So perfect that you received this award and I so LOVE that you presented it to Leah. Sending you my best and a very happy blog-a-versary!

Lucy said...

Hi Roxana,

Thank you for your kind words.
I was just talking about you with Leah, actually. It would be great if she got her site out there more, because it's too good to keep it small. I know many would enjoy it.
I have been so enjoying your posts, too. Very idyllic. I sometimes feel all the perfumistas should get together and collaborate on a collection of our writings, or a book of some kind. Some day I am sure that will happen.

Roxana said...

Sounds like a fabulous idea Lucy, I'm game.