October 17, 2008

Tag!

So I've been tagged by Olfactarama -- here goes:

1. Link to the person who tagged you. (above)
2. Post the rules on your blog. (okay)
3. Write six random things about yourself. (below)
4. Tag six people at the end of your post and link to them. (below)
5. Let each person know they've been tagged and leave a comment on their blog. (makes sense)
6. Let the tagger know when your entry is up. (OK)

Six random things about me:

1. I am brushing up on my childhood Lithuanian by listening to lessons on the ipod when I am out and about. I intend to visit someday not too far in the future.

2. I am somewhat easily swayed. For example today, I learned there will be 54 Italian Greyhound participants at a Halloween party tomorrow, so I am dropping all my responsibilities to attend. Hopefully Dante will not explode from joy.

3. I am a compulsive reader. Too many books everywhere, of almost every kind. I sometimes steal time from my projects to read (the sign of a true addict/compulsive -- see "somewhat easily swayed, above").

4. I don't like cars (or automobiles, as I think of them) and never learned to drive. I hope they bring the horse back, that would solve a lot of the dependence on foreign oil. (I get away with this by living in NYC where a car is a liability).

5. I don't like to eat fish of any kind, either (sound like a crank, don't I?)

6. I have become a news junkie, especially lately. What a year! The election, the economy, the explosion of pop culture blogs and podcasts and other sites, I could listen to the news all day...

Ok, now I must pick six other victims, ahem, I mean, tag you're it! All WONDERFUL writers!
You will be drowned in beauty if you follow these links:


Vetivresse -- Wine and Perfume, he leaves no stone unturned in the pursuit of happiness...

Bittergrace -- history and perfume and social background, always something new and surprising

Anya's Garden -- Ms. Natural personified, and generous with her knowledge.

Tea, Sympathy and Perfume -- poetry, emotion and scent

Scentzilla -- a most exquisite sensibility

A Minx by Any Other Name -- a dedicated follower of fashion, in the best sense of the word. New to me, an enthusiast enamoured of fragrance.

Above photo - children playing from Bird on a Bare Branch

5 comments:

Mary said...

My entry is up. Thanks for tagging me, beauteous one!

BitterGrace said...

Mine's up, too. I'm afraid I bent the rules a bit, but you might find something to feed your inner news junkie in my list of links.

theminx said...

Mine will pop up tomorrow....

Cait said...

Dear Lucy,
I loved hearing more about you. I was being kind of tricky and didn't really disclose much in my own post on this meme. I guess I figured I am overly confessional on a regular basis. I wish there wasn't so much distance between all these kind folk in the blog world.
Cait

Lucy said...

Thank you Cait!

I hope if you ever come into NYC you give a shout, it would be great to meet you!

L