September 23, 2007

DIY and Home Fragrance on Now Smell This

Please check out my posting on Now Smell This today on making floral waters for personal use, (most particularly about Lavender Water). I will be posting from time to time on Now Smell This about scented body care products, home fragrances, and some DIY thrown in.

Please also see this link to my recent post on Now Smell This about Annick Goutal's Petite Cherie perfume candle. Some scents are are much more usable for me in their home fragrance form...

Lavender Image from Koehler's Medicinal-Plants 1887

4 comments:

chayaruchama said...

The pictorial looks like a Portmeiron plate design- so lovely.

I'm remiss in not telling you how I enjoy those NST posts, Lu.

You do a wonderful job.

Lucy said...

Thanks, Chaya, I've been a bit on the frazzeled side lately so been a bit neglectful of posting for myself, but will be soon. I am thinking of mosses and ferns, tho those topics are generally ones for spring and summer,somehow they are on my mind...
Tho oakmoss does have that barky, musky, woody odor that is autumnal...

Vetivresse said...

I've been on something of an eau de cologne kick of late (4711, Imperiale, Florida Water, SMN Water), so I'm happy to see this how-to, which returns us to the world of the first perfumes ... the kitchen and the apothecary. It also brings back memories of childhood "perfume" concoctions in the garden shed.

Lucy said...

Hello V!

Me too, I have been very much into the cologne, EdT mode this late part of the summer -- I like the aspect of being able to use it as an all over splash, mild yet enveloping -- very enjoyable.
So you were concocting in the garden as a child -- I wonder what it is you were aiming for then -- probably if you tried for it now, you would have something very very interesting...made from the innocent creativity of childhood combined with the knowledge about the substances that you have now.